If you've been living in your home for more than 10 years it may be time to do some updates that could make a big difference. This doesn't necessarily mean you are getting ready to sell but it is good to keep up maintenance on some items so that when you are
ready to sell, you won't be bombarded with tasks.
- a fresh coat of paint or maybe changing some walls to a more neutral color can go a long way with giving the home a face lift.
2. Replace your carpets
- if your carpets have lasted a lifetime and you have pets it may be time to spruce up the home with new carpets. An alternative is to check if you have hardwood underneath. If you do, try taking the carpet out and embrace hardwood!
3. Redo the caulk in your bathrooms or conside reglazing the tub/tiles
- No body likes a yucky bathroom and bright, clean tub will make you feel much better.
4. Replace your water heater
- The average life span of a water heater is 10 years. If you haven't replaced yours since you've been in the home you may want to avoid catastrophy and take care of it before it kicks out.
5. Update Washer and Dryer-
This lifespan is 8 years. While most people can get lengthier time with their washer and dryer, I recommend treating yourself to a new set if you are thinking of taking care of some updates!